Helston Garages Group are recruiting for a capable individual to be based at their accounts department based in Indian Queens, Mid-Cornwall which serves the Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda dealerships in Cornwall.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, working as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a friendly environment, reporting directly to the Divisional Franchise Accountant.
They will be working directly with the Management teams so as to ensure that the assets of the business are managed in their most efficient and effective manner and to implement systems and procedures that comply with both current legislation and Group policy.
We are seeking an individual who has previous experience working in a purchase ledger role. Serving multiple dealerships you will be processing many invoices onto the Accounts Payable ledger within the Financial Accounting System in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To process 3rd party supplier invoices by scanning and entering invoice information into Kerridge, ensuring accuracy of details entered.
- Correctly coding of all 3rd party supplier invoices by obtaining appropriate dealerships codes, department and general ledger code from chart of accounts.
- Monthly Supplier statement reconciliations – requesting copies when required.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
- Dealing with supplier queries quickly and efficiently.
- Keeping all filing up to date.
- Scanning of all invoices required for the finance team.
- Scanning of Expenses Forms required for payroll.
- Daily Opening of the post
- Provide occasional cover for other accounts staff members
- Daily printing of all invoices from VW online systems on a daily basis for the finance team.
- Work with flexibility as part of the finance team
- To undertake additional tasks as requested by Franchise Accountant.
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with all Directors, Heads of Business/Dealer Principals, Managers and colleagues.
- Maintain clear and concise accounting records ensuring that at all times they comply with current legislation and Group policies.
- Advise the Franchise Accountant and/or other Directors/Senior Managers of any known financial risk to the business.
- Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
- Maintain professional relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Work proactively with all relevant staff to improve business practices in particular in looking to share best practice across the Group.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working in a purchase ledger role including extensive experience of coding invoices and understanding of a chart of accounts – Essential.
- Kerridge experience beneficial but not essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Showing enthusiasm and motivation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a confident communicator both verbal and written.
- Computer Literacy, strong administration and time management.
- Good team player
Contact: Derek Marshall, Franchise Accountant - firstname.lastname@example.org