In all planning and decision making the Directors are constantly focused on the perspectives of our various stakeholder groups who are vital to the success of the business. In particular:
- our workforce is the company's greatest asset and their retention and motivation are always considered, even when toughcommercial decisions need to be made for the long term success of the business. Our aim is to be the employer of choice in the motor trade in the South West.
- The franchisee nature of our business means there is constant focus on working with our suppliers and business partners. Our continued investment in dealership facilities is evidence of the fruitful long-term relationships we have fostered and enjoyed with manufacturer partners.
- The company strapline, now for 60 years, has been "It's the service that counts" is evidence of our view that customers are, of course, the lifeblood of any retail business and we work hard to please and retain our customers as well as attract new ones through maintaining an excellent reputation.
2019 was largely a year of consolidation and improving performance, as evidenced in these results. There were no major strategic decisions to report such as acquisitions or new property investments, although 2 new 2019 initiatives which illustrate our commitment to our broader stakeholder groups are:
- Supporting employees through the introduction of an Employee Assistance Programme for all employees alongside Mental Health training for Senior managers
- Investment in 4 additional solar arrays on dealership roofs which help reduce our carbon footprint