Carrs Volkswagen Van Centre in Exeter are looking for a Workshop Controller!
This role will support the Service Manager in organising a busy workshop whilst maintaining quality and efficiency. This role will be both challenging and rewarding.
The successful candidate will pride themselves in excellent customer service skills, will thrive on achieving goals and objectives and be a good communicator and team member.
Objective: To build a strong team that efficiently and consistently delivers our customer satisfaction goals & workshop targets.
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by work closely with the front of house team implementing Volkswagen quality check system, resolving customer queries, and providing all necessary information and advice.
- Supervising and motivating our team of Technicians and proactively reviewing daily workload to seek opportunities that will help drive performance.
- Maintaining relationships with vehicle manufacturer and providing technical information for Technicians during repair operations
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations and ensuring high standards of housekeeping and security are achieved and maintained within the workshop and surrounding areas
You will have:
- Prior experience as a senior technician or workshop controller is preferred
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and manage a workshop
- A well-developed management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of automotive technology, a good understanding of repair times and manufacturers warranty systems.If gained at a franchised retailer this would be beneficial
- The ability to exceed targets and deadlines.
- A full, valid UK driving license
- Computer literate including basic Microsoft Office
Previous franchised dealer experience is preferred, but consideration will be given to individuals who can demonstrate experience and ability in driving workshop performance and managing work quality. Ongoing training will be provided.
In return for working a 41 hour week (average) on a rota system that includes Saturdays we pay a generous basic salary and bonus scheme, plus entry into the Group Pension scheme after three months of employment.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV directly to - firstname.lastname@example.org