Location: Exeter base with regular time spent in Somerset
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday
A newly created role offers an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our growing Shared Services finance team based at Exeter Land Rover, serving several group dealerships in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. The successful candidate will be have the privilege of moving with the team into our new state of the art Jaguar Land Rover dealership which is currently under construction and opens in July 2018.
Working as part of the management accounts team you will provide valuable management information to operational management and Directors through a variety of tasks, both routine and ad-hoc, including:
- Undertaking timely preparation of monthly management accounts to a high standard with all supporting reconciliations
- Various management reporting, including submissions to the manufacturer
- Work alongside dealership management teams providing Business Partnering approach, identifying improvement and profit opportunities advising on all financial matters and upskilling non-financial managers
- Working capital management and reporting
- Budget and year end preparation
- Input to Payroll submissions and VAT return preparation
- Provide support to more junior accounts staff on complex issues. This may involve some time supervising a more junior member of staff.
- Occasionally assist and provide cover at other group dealerships
- Help to identify and implement process improvements
- Check and promote adherence to group processes and policies
- Taking part in project work as specified from time-to-time will provide exciting opportunity and challenge and an opportunity to add value
Working within our shared services team will give you with a platform to learn and develop and provides a structure for progression within the team and wider group.
Minimum essential requirements for applications to be considered are:
- Experience of preparing management accounts within a busy accounts team
- Qualified accountant or demonstrable experience at this level
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Flexible, willing, “can do” approach. Keen to undertake a challenge and willing to be hands on
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong process and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Driving licence and prepared to drive to other group dealerships regularly
The perfect applicant will have the following (note: desirable, not essential):
- Motor trade experience
- Experience of using Kerridge motor trade accounting software
- Commercial experience
- Experience of supervising and managing other accounts staff
Contact: Mandy Hussey, JLR Franchise Accountant firstname.lastname@example.org or 01392 825825.