We are writing amid the public health concerns surrounding COVID-19 (more commonly known as Coronavirus) to inform you of the actions we are taking to ensure the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees.
In line with the very latest government advice, we are continuing to operate our business as usual, however we have introduced an enhanced cleanliness regime to reduce the risk of pathogens spreading.
- All dealerships have made every endeavour to hold supplies of sanitising materials including products to ensure our vehicles are kept clean to the very highest standards. If for reasons beyond our control our stock of materials run out we will look for alternative cleansing agents
- Additional cleaning techniques being used including paying particular attention to areas such as steering wheels and door handles
- All dealerships have made every endeavour to hold stock of and actively use hand –sanitiser. If for reasons beyond our control our stock of hand sanitiser run out we will look for alternative cleansing agents
- Vehicles are sanitised after each test drive including cleaning steering wheels and door handles
- Our service teams will be carrying out work using Personal Protective Equipment including gloves and steering wheel covers
- Increased premises cleaning to include regular cleaning of door handles, public areas and work stations
- We have formed a “Coronavirus Action Team” and are closely monitoring government advice and will be taking any necessary steps to support the control of the virus
- We are carefully taking steps to ensure the ongoing welfare and health of our employees. This includes instructing employees who have recently visited any high-risk areas to stay at home and contact the medical authorities if they start to feel unwell and urging all employees to be extra vigilant about frequent hand washing
- Restricted staff movements around the group to business critical only with the vast majority only attending one workplace
As always, customer safety is our highest priority and we will be closely monitoring government advice and taking any necessary steps to support the control of the virus. To this end, we do ask that you inform us prior to your visit if you have been to any of the affected locations listed on the UK Government website, or if you have had to self-isolate due to potential exposure to the virus, so that we may discuss the best way in which to manage your requirements.
If you notice anything at our sites that you think deserves our attention, please do share your concerns with our staff who will be quick to respond.
Thank you for your continued support
The Directors of Helston Garages Group