We are a Land Rover main dealer based in Yeovil and part of the successful Helston Garage Group. In May 2016 we opened a purpose built 12 bay aftersales centre one mile from our main site.
We are now looking for an experienced Service Manager to take responsibility for running all aspects of the Service department.
- Formulate and implement action plans to increase service sales
- Produce a Daily DOC with full debrief to the Head of Business on trends
- Facilitate jobs within the agreed maintenance programmes ensuring no jobs are delayed due to equipment failure.
- Analyse current procedures and identify opportunities for enhancing facilities and improving the customer experience.
- Create and initiate service marketing plans, initiate and implement advertising and promotional activities.
- Achieve service department targets through reviewing weekly/monthly accounts, operating controls and composite figures.
- Develop the technical skills and workmanship of the team to continually improve the quality of customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintain workshop and body shop productivity records to monitor the effective use of labour.
- Establish and monitor the team’s training requirements to provide the required level of skill and expertise.
- Maintain profitability through periodic review and assessment of pricing policy, labour rates and fleet discounts.
- Select and appoint apprentices and ensure their training is monitored and completed.
- Implement a performance management system and train and develop the service team to support improvements in job performance.
- Ensure all administrative functions are completed accurately and on time.
- Regularly review administrative procedures and reporting systems, identify and implement improvements
- Administer the warranty policy in the best interests of customer, dealership and manufacturer
- Ensure the maintenance of all tools, equipment and all operating areas meeting legislation requirements
- Communicate clearly, regularly and promptly with the customer, Head of Business, service team and work colleagues
- Represent the dealership and build strong relationships with manufacturer representatives, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensure the safety and security of people, vehicles and property, taking action to rectify any known hazards or faults.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Uses the dealerships information systems effectively to make commercial decisions. Identifie additional revenue activities or cost savings. Demonstrate commercial judgement when authorising a transaction that is outside the agreed profitability levels.
Planning & Organising Resources
Set SMART objectives and clearly communicate plans and priorities to your team. Ensures appropriate resources are used to achieve the workload and deliver targets. Respond positively to conflicting demands.
Actively seek feedback from customers to improve service and products. Considers the customer when implementing new initiatives. Communicate the standard of service the department will provide.
Analysis & Decision Making
Analyse data to identify improvements and create practical solutions. Be decisive in implementing changes and improvements. Seek a balance between benefit, cost and risk in every decision.
Display determination to achieve targets. Set high standards and set an example through your own behaviour. Take responsibility beyond the requirements of the role.
Actively works towards your own development and the development of your team. Create an environment where people are motivated and can perform at their best through support, coaching and training.
How to apply
Please post your CV and covering letter to Adrian Bull alternatively email to email@example.com or call Adrian on 01935 403100