In May 2016 we opened a purpose built 12 bay aftersales centre one mile from our main site. We are now looking for an experienced Service Manager to take responsibility for running all aspects of the Service department.
- Formulate and implement action plans to increase service sales
- Produce a Daily DOC with full debrief to the Head of Business on trends
- Facilitate jobs within the agreed maintenance programmes ensuring no jobs are delayed due to equipment failure.
- Analyse current procedures and identify opportunities for enhancing facilities and improving the customer experience.
- Create and initiate service marketing plans, initiate and implement advertising and promotional activities.
- Achieve service department targets through reviewing weekly/monthly accounts, operating controls and composite figures.
- Develop the technical skills and workmanship of the team to continually improve the quality of customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintain workshop and body shop productivity records to monitor the effective use of labour.
- Establish and monitor the team’s training requirements to provide the required level of skill and expertise.
- Maintain profitability through periodic review and assessment of pricing policy, labour rates and fleet discounts.
- Select and appoint apprentices and ensure their training is monitored and completed.
- Implement a performance management system and train and develop the service team to support improvements in job performance.
- Ensure all administrative functions are completed accurately and on time.
- Regularly review administrative procedures and reporting systems, identify and implement improvements
- Administer the warranty policy in the best interests of customer, dealership and manufacturer
- Ensure the maintenance of all tools, equipment and all operating areas meeting legislation requirements
- Communicate clearly, regularly and promptly with the customer, Head of Business, service team and work colleagues
- Represent the dealership and build strong relationships with manufacturer representatives, suppliers and statutory representatives
- Ensure the safety and security of people, vehicles and property, taking action to rectify any known hazards or faults.
Please post your CV and covering letter to Adrian Bull alternatively email to email@example.com. If at any time you need to speak to anyone within regards to this position please contact us on 01935 403100