PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
Based at Matford Landrover, Exeter
Contact Mandy Hussey – 01392 825825
Helston Garages Group is privately owned and has been trading for 55 years. It consists of 37 franchised dealerships based in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset. It is one of the largest motor groups in the UK, employing 950 people with an annual turnover exceeding £520 miliion. We are currently recruiting for an ambitious individual to become part of our newly centralised Jaguar, Land Rover & Peugeot finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, working as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a busy but friendly environment, reporting directly to the Divisional Franchise Accountant. They will be working directly with the Management teams so as to ensure that the assets of the business are managed in their most efficient and effective manner and to implement systems and procedures that comply with both current legislation and Group policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reconcile Supplier Statements
• Process Invoices and ensure payment is actioned within Supplier & Group Terms
• Review & Control Creditors Ledger
• Process Ad Hoc Payments
• Promote and maintain positive working relationships with all Directors, Heads of Business/Dealer Principals, Managers and colleagues.
• Maintain clear and concise accounting records ensuring that at all times they comply with current legislation and Group policies.
• Advise the Franchise Accountant and/or other Directors/Senior Managers of any known financial risk to the business.
• Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
• Maintain professional relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Work proactively with all relevant staff to improve business practices in particular in looking to share best practice across the Group.
To be considered for this role you must have experience of working within a busy Accounting Environment. This will suit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk or an individual with a strong Accounting passion who is looking for that next step up the ladder. The applicant must have demonstrable skills and Accounting experience, with excellent IT skills and a good communicator . Development training will also be provided for the right candidate.