Location – Exeter or Bridgwater
Hours - Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.30pm)
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a Franchised Dealership Group. Kerridge Autoline/Motor Trade experience would be preferable, but not essential.
Based in Exeter or Bridgwater, this role has no formal line management but some oversight of ledger work performed by others. You will report to the BMW Franchise Accountant.
All work is to be performed accurately and within required timescales.
The role is broadly split in 2 elements – (a) maintenance of transactional ledgers and (b) supporting the franchise accountant; both described further below.
(a)Maintenance of transactional ledgers will include:
- To post and reconcile the bank statements on a daily basis
- To report when overdraft is above £100,000
- Daily banking as required, including posting to the system
- Credit control, notifying departmental managers of problematical debts on a timely basis
- Raising of miscellaneous invoices for intercompany recharges
- Dealing with payments on account/unallocated balances
- Management of credit account applications
- Production of sales ledger statements
- Tightly monitor higher risk accounts eg vehicle sales, warranty and cash debtors
- Dealing with any queries arising relating to the sales ledger
- Scan and input purchase ledger invoices/credits on a daily basis
- Posting of ad hoc cheques
- Supplier statement reconciliations including month end BMW reconciliation
- Demonstrator/Used vehicle funding account reconciliation
- Payment of suppliers through monthly cheque run
- Reconcile/post petty cash and to count floats periodically
- Address payments on account/missing invoices
- Dealing with any queries arising relating to the purchase ledger
- Undertaking control account reconciliation and resolution of issues that arise as directed by the Franchise Accountant
- Preparation of prepayments and accruals
(b)Supporting the Franchise Accountant
Monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the drafting of dealership management accounts including analytical review of accounts before review by the Franchise Accountant
- Assisting Franchise Accountant with manufacturer composite submission
- Assisting with collating and inputting payroll information in line with group policies and deadlines
- Reviewing or preparing pay claims
- Checking Expenses claims for onwards transmission to Head Office
Manager queries – dealing with day-to-day accounting and financial queries which arise from Department Managers.
Budgeting – assisting the Franchise Accountant with preparation of annual budgets.
Analysis – undertaking financial analysis/review as requested by Franchise Accountant.
Support continuous improvement and the application of good management controls, reporting and consistency , particularly for all financial areas.
Communicate clearly with colleagues. Ensure that they understand and that communication is adequate in terms of clarity and frequency.
Please apply to Jan Kazimierowicz on 01392 822555 or email@example.com