We are currently recruiting for an ambitious individual to fulfil this new and exciting role for our Central Accounting Function in Exeter. The team provide accounting support for our Jaguar, Land Rover and Peugeot Franchises and this role will require occasional travel to the Dealerships it supports across the South West. This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, working as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a friendly environment, reporting directly to the Divisional Franchise Accountant.
You will be working directly with the Management teams at our Dealerships, so you will be ensuring that the assets of the business are managed in their most efficient and effective manner and to implement systems and procedures that comply with both current legislation and Group policies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and organising the day-to-day work of the accounts team consisting of purchase ledger, cashiers and credit controller. Training, mentoring and developing the Accounts team to proactively improve processes and performance.
- Resolving transactional queries with the accounts team, accountants and operational staff
- Supporting accountants with ledger month end closes and management accounting month end processes, including some management accounts preparation.
- To work directly with both the Management Teams within the respective businesses and the Accounts Team so as to ensure that the assets of the businesses are managed in their most efficient and effective manner
- To provide in line with Group policy, reports for consideration by Directors and Senior Management
- To assist the Franchise Accountants in full involvement of all financial aspects of the dealerships working alongside the dealership management teams, and the Head Office Accounting Team’s support functions.
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with all Directors, Heads of Business/Dealer Principals, Managers and colleagues
- Maintain clear and concise accounting records ensuring that at all times they comply with current legislation and Group policies
- Advise the Franchise Accountants and/or other Directors/Senior Managers of any known financial risk to the business.
- Promote all businesses internally and externally
- Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
- Maintain professional relationships with all internal and external customers
- Work proactively with all relevant staff to improve business practices in particular in looking to share best practice across the Group.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed Team player with strong communication and organisational skills, able to work with finance and operational staff at all levels
- Fantastic people manager, with experience of organising, supervising, motivating and developing people within an accounts environment.
- High level of initiative, willing to take responsibility but with a hands on approach
- Minimum AAT qualification level preferred (qualification not essential, but demonstrable skills beyond that level required)
- Experienced in dealing with all accounting ledgers and transaction processing, able to support accountants with month end processes
- Good IT skills including competent use of Microsoft Excel
Experience of accounting within the Motor Trade and of the Kerridge ADP system would be distinct advantage.
The role could ideally suit an ambitious individual who thrives on team management and/or wants to develop in a large successful business aspiring to make the next step into a senior accounting role.
To apply please contact Mandy Hussey on 01392 825825 or email@example.com