Contact Mark Johns – 07753 561895 or email email@example.com
Yeovil Motor Company Volvo dealership and Esso garage is recruiting for a capable individual to be based at its accounts department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a permanent position, working as part of a team, with variety and responsibility within a friendly environment, reporting directly to the Divisional Franchise Accountant. They will be working directly with the Management teams so as to ensure that the assets of the business are managed in their most efficient and effective manner and to implement systems and procedures that comply with both current legislation and Group policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily banking and bank reconciliations
- Process & post all payment requisitions
- Report & Control Vehicle, Cash & General debtors
- Process & Maintain Sales & Purchase Ledgers
- Process of monthly BACS payment runs
- Control & Maintain Petty Cash
- Assist with processing of Employee Expenses
- Support the Franchise Accountant to prepare and submit accurate Management Accounts and manufacturer submissions ensuring that all entries are in line with current legislation and Group policy.
- Support the Franchise Accountant to prepare and maintain full and comprehensive Balance Sheet reconciliations
- To assist the Franchise Accountant in full involvement of all financial aspects of the Dealerships working alongside the dealership management teams, and the Head Office Accounting Team’s support functions..
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with all Directors, Heads of Business/Dealer Principals, Managers and colleagues.
- Maintain clear and concise accounting records ensuring that at all times they comply with current legislation and Group policies.
- Advise the Franchise Accountant and/or other Directors/Senior Managers of any known financial risk to the business.
- Ensure that all systems and procedures in place within the business comply with current legislation and Group policy.
- Maintain professional relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Work proactively with all relevant staff to improve business practices in particular in looking to share best practice across the Group.
- Previous motor trade experience
- Experience using Kerridge DMS
- Well versed in the use of MS Excel & MS Word